From their pages:
"So, you want to know exactly what you're going to get when you sign up for Diary-X? Here's the breakdown:
- A subdirectory at http://username.diary-x.com.
- Your own email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A listing in members.diary-x.com (or not, your choice).
- Stats updated nightly! (http://username.diary-x.com/stats).
- Use of the journaling script and all its features.
- The ability to secure your journal, and give access to those of your choosing.
- Awesome technical support.
and...diary-x is absolutely free. Ads are placed on the administration pages, but never on your journal. "
LJ is better cuz we have NO ads, but still... look at what a free
It's scary, it seems pretty much a damn good competitor for LJ. Although the message about the members list being too heavy on the server is amusing. How long's it been around? We must prevail!!