I see that the best LJ banner graphics (on the banners page and in a post by Darkmoon) already come with pretty good slogans, namely:
- "Let the world know ..." (not distinctive, buts makes a point)
- "Everything you ever wanted to know about other people, but were afraid to ask." (quite good -- seems a bit long, but it's surprisingly easy to remember)
- "Your life online -- Free." (also good, but can be improved, perhaps)
- quality design.
- non-corporate outlook. -- Note: Concerns about corporate sites are a real issue, as a couple of LJ users recently stated here.
- community. -- Note: By this, I mean that the central server allows me (i) to see all my friends' journal entries at once, and (ii) to join a shared journal.
So the ideal message to get across might be something like "Your online community, on your terms". Of course, something catchier would be nice. Any suggestions?