So, here's the issue: Hiding friend-ofs.
The options are:
- Don't change anything. Advocate to us why we should ignore this issue entirely. The system would stay as-is, where you can hide your entire friend-of list, or show it all. Nothing in-between.
- Allow hiding specific friend-ofs, without banning. This position involves making a new feature to let anybody remove anybody else from their friend-of list.
- PROS: Lot of people seem to want it. People wouldn't be able to be "victims" of "serial adders".
- CONS: The fear is that it could kill legitimate links and kill the community by people over-filtering/customizing their friend-of list, not understanding that it's really the "Read by" list.
- Allow hiding friend-ofs via banning only. This position involves only letting you remove somebody from your friend-of list if you ban them.
- PROS: The idea is that people wouldn't over-customize their friend-of list because they'd also be banning those people and potentially offending them and/or limiting the people that could reply to their journal.
- CONS: We're overloading a edge type. (is this a con?)
What point of view do you most agree with?
Don't change anything. Keep system as is: hide all or nothing.
Allow hiding specific friend-ofs, without banning.
Allow hiding friend-ofs via banning only.
What URL supports this point of view best?
What other URL supports this point of view?