We'll probably be selling this service in customizable packages, as well as offering a default "simple" package to paid users, and now that we have the new pay system, it's a lot easier to setup the payment structure to support that idea.
Now, at minimum, I feel these statistics should be added so that we can at least compete with other services:
- hits/impressions per URL
- Referrers per URL (filters for search engines, etc)
- Reported browser/useragent settings
All of these would be logged over time, of course, but we need to decide on how often to do so.
Based on various sources (especially from this paidmembers post), we've had these suggestions for other/extra features:
- all stats split between logged in and non users
- If taken further, we could distinguish between logged in friends, friend-of but not friended, and "strangers"
- Also: filter yourself from your stats
- Aggregated logged in user information
- Varied display tools for each stat (pie charts, bar graphs, etc)
- Digest statistics emailed regularly (weekly,monthly)
- optional visible counters
- log "forward links", the complement of referrers (where are you linking to?)
- aggregated IP statistics
- posting trends ([comments|posts] per day, comments per entry, etc)
- meta information trends (moods, post security, userpics used, etc)
- bandwidth usage
Question is: what, out of these features, should we include as options in the stats package, and how often should these stats be logged? And ideally, how much would you pay, if offered this service?